Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'll Always be "Your Joy"

Remember when you went on vacation with your parents? It was full of excitement and the unknown. However, being in a new location can be scary for a child. That’s when you reached out and grabbed your dad's hands and your fears are calmed. If you were afraid during the entire journey or kept concentrating on "when are we going to get there?", you would have missed something amazing.

Don't miss a moment in the journey you are on with God. It is full of exciting times; times that are a bit scary, but He loves us and will always be there when we reach out for our Father’s familiar touch. Whatever you are called to do...DO IT WITH EXCITEMENT! FEAR NOT, for He is with you and will keep you safe, just as you would do for your own child. Enjoy the ride; He is with you always.

I rarely have secular musicians on my computer, but Chrisette Michelle is one of the few. This song came on this morning and I realized again how amazing our Father is. Sometimes we forget that He is our Daddy, not just some huge guy in the sky sprinkling down blessings or pouring out wrath. Today I am reflecting on how perfectly planned my life is. Everything has a reason, a purpose, and is for His greatest glory.

This song really struck me in many ways, so I wanted to share it with you:

Your Joy

Walked down the sidewalk
Staring at your feet
Wishing my steps were longer
So by your side I could keep


Keeping up with God is a challenge for me sometimes, not because He is moving faster than me (He is moving at perfect pace), it’s just that when I try to take lead, I get lost and have to run to catch up.

Hold your hand much bigger
Never wanted mine to grow
So I could always feel perfect
Inside your palms just so


Sometimes it is easier to stay where we are in Christ so we can feel safe and secure, but like a child grows, so must we also grow in our faith.  His palms are big enough for us all. There will always be room for us to fit perfectly.

No one loves me just like you do
No one knows me just like you do
No one can compare to way my eyes fit in yours
You'll always be my father
And I'll always be your joy


He is the one and only person who knows all our good, bad, fears, and triumphs, yet He loves us through it all and never judges. Look into the eyes of God and you will find peace, forgiveness, and love.

Laid me on your belly
Nights when mama wasn't home
Lightning made me shiver
And you never let me feel alone


Through the years that I had no mother, God was there. Through the years when I felt alone, He places us on his belly and holds us tight. Never a reason to fear. How big is his belly? There is room for all of us to be comforted there.

I tried to match your breathing
Beating my little heart against yours
Perfect were the nights we were sleeping
I never want to end what we are


If we master the breath and rhythm God has in our lives, we are closer to mastering our relationship with Him. Breathing is never perfect; sometimes we run fast and our breath is quick and hard, and sometimes it is slow and steady.  If we stop long enough to hear God's heartbeat in our lives, we can pace ourselves for the race He has laid out before us.

'Cause No one loves me just like you do
And no one knows me just like you do
No one can compare to the way my eyes fit in yours
You'll always be my father
And I'll always be your joy

One day he'll come on bended knee
And ask my love away from thee
And when I give my love to him
He'll always have a place within
One day he'll come on bended knee
And ask my love away from thee
And when I give my love to him
He'll always have a place within


This applies to anything in our life that walks in and has the potential to take our focus off God. We all have those moments where things may not seem more important but they still take more of our attention at the moment. For me at this time, it is Crossover Graphics. Although this is His project, I seem to take it on as mine. I must remember the order of it all. God is my father. There is nothing more important than that.  He'll always have a place within!


No one loves me just like you do
No one knows me just like you do
No one can compare to the way my eyes fit in yours
You'll always be my father
And I'll always be your joy.


--Stephanie Tillman is the CEO of Crossover Graphics (www.crossovergraphics.com)

No comments: